Amazon Fire TV gained 86% year over year market share in North America
LONDON, April 7, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Pixalate, the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising, today released the February 2023 CTV Device Global Market Share Report.
The report reveals the top CTV devices across key regions (North America, APAC, and LATAM) based on the share of open programmatic ad traffic.
- Roku has a dominant 50% market share in North America, surpassing Samsung and Amazon combined at 34%.
- Apple's market share hits a 12-month low (5%).
- In LATAM, Roku leads with a 44% share of voice (SOV), which increased by 303% YoY and 31% QoQ.
- LG saw a surge from 1% to 21% YoY, while Scishion and MXQ experienced steep declines, reaching a 12-month low at 2% and 1%, respectively.
- Samsung takes the top spot in APAC with a 21% SOV, beating Chromecast at 15%.
- Roku and Apple follow at the top of the list.
To download the complete February 2023 CTV Device Market Share Report, click here.
For a full list of devices, please visit the Media Ratings Terminal and sign up for a free account.
Pixalate is the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising. We work 24/7 to guard your reputation and grow your media value. Pixalate offers the only system of coordinated solutions across display, app, video, and CTV for better detection and elimination of ad fraud. Pixalate is an MRC-accredited service for the detection and filtration of sophisticated invalid traffic (SIVT) across desktop and mobile web, mobile in-app, and CTV advertising. www.pixalate.com
The content of this press release, and the February 2023 CTV Device Market Share Report (the "Report"), reflect Pixalate's opinions with respect to factors that Pixalate believes can be useful to the digital media industry. Pixalate's opinions are just that, opinions, which means that they are neither facts nor guarantees. Pixalate is sharing this data not to impugn the standing or reputation of any entity, person or app, but, instead, to report findings and trends pertaining to programmatic advertising activity across CTV apps in the time period studied.